88 degrees

Now you're just being rude. :grumble::mrgreen:

Sorry,I know way to many people just like you.All of them(and you) are brainwashed into thinking every year they have to upgrade to the latest Apple product.They feel obsolete unless they have the latest and greatest.What other piece of electronics do people replace every year?

Sorry,I know way to many people just like you.All of them(and you) are brainwashed into thinking every year they have to upgrade to the latest Apple product.They feel obsolete unless they have the latest and greatest.What other piece of electronics do people replace every year?

LOL! :lol:

No one does it just because it's new.
The technology just moves so damn fast that the features make people want to upgrade, and Apple pumps out such cool stuff, more than any other company. At least Apple puts out products only after they find the best solution and gives the best support, unlike google who throws out phones with features that should have been tested longer and implemented far better and fails miserably in the support department.

I'm still using the 3G phone (not the 3Gs), so this is a HUGE upgrade for me.

I get by just fine with zero Apple products in my house, thank you very much! I did have an iPod once, but the rechargeable battery completely died within one year. I called Apple and they said I'd have to rebuy the entire mp3 player, as the batteries are not removeable and interchangeable once they go for good. Screw that! I bought the Best Buy brand mp3 player instead. It is much more user-friendly than the iPod, a quarter of the price, has much more storage space, and has lasted for 3 years now and is still going strong! I charge the thing, and it will play music for at least 12 hours straight. That's about 4 hours longer than iPod would play, brand new!

That was my one and only experience with Apple. I say good riddance to them!! :p

I'm with Biff on this one. Had a itouch given to me as a gift. Didn't care for it and ended up giving it away. I use the T-mobile G1 for a cell phone and wouldn't trade it for any phone on earth! I love everything google and can't stand apple products which make you pay for every little tedious feature and use only their products exclusively as they won't make anything else compatible.

Not me, anything that Apple makes is always better executed than any competition i try. And if it breaks their support is second to none. My friend just dropped her 3Gs phone in a glass of water a couple weeks ago and they replaced it for free! Google's support... or lack there of is horrendous and they release products just to be the first to market, where Apple waits until it's implemented in the best way possible (copy/paste for example). The google conference was quite impressive, but I'm not holding my breath on anything they talked about until i see it, and see it implemented well.

As far as usability, I've never seen anything as user friendly as and intuitive as Apple products that are also as powerful. But maybe me and a whole lot of other people just think like Apple? :dunno:

Sorry about the tank. But remember the droid is much better. :) And right now I am not sold on the 4g until more areas and carriers offer it.

The way I see it.Why spend money on that junk when I can spend it on my tank.:D

Well, you can get updates/alarms from your tank, you can check compatibility reference material when at your LFS shopping for a new fish or invert, you can scan barcodes for price checks at your LFS and find it cheaper online, you can keep track of your tank stats on one of several available apps, you can call Catherine for photography advice, you can order Biff's cheato online or over the phone, you can take a video of your tank and post it to youtube and then post the link on living reefs, you can surf LR (although that would be much nicer if Ian would install tapatalk! ;) ) and probably a host of other things I can't think of at the moment. But see... it IS like spending money on your tank. :mrgreen:

Well, you can get updates/alarms from your tank, you can check compatibility reference material when at your LFS shopping for a new fish or invert, you can scan barcodes for price checks at your LFS and find it cheaper online, you can keep track of your tank stats on one of several available apps, you can call Catherine for photography advice, you can order Biff's cheato online or over the phone, you can take a video of your tank and post it to youtube and then post the link on living reefs, you can surf LR (although that would be much nicer if Ian would install tapatalk! ;) ) and probably a host of other things I can't think of at the moment. But see... it IS like spending money on your tank. :mrgreen:

I DO all of that with my trusty Blackberry... :) I thought about trying the iphone, but decided to stick to what I know.

I DO all of that with my trusty Blackberry... :) I thought about trying the iphone, but decided to stick to what I know.

Ya, that's cool. I was just responding to Yote's comment as a general smart phone one.
Obviously the iPhone and other smart phones can all pretty much accomplish the same thing. Crackberries pretty much started it all.

LOL! No, just an appreciation for the finer things in life. :mrgreen:

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

The finer things in life to me are much different. Cell phones, flat screen TV's, fancy cars, huge houses, expensive dinners and the like are far from it.

Quality time with my family, enjoying nature, watching an Arizona sunset, hearing waves crash on beaches now those are the finer things in life to me.. :mrgreen:

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

The finer things in life to me are much different. Cell phones, flat screen TV's, fancy cars, huge houses, expensive dinners and the like are far from it.

Quality time with my family, enjoying nature, watching an Arizona sunset, hearing waves crash on beaches now those are the finer things in life to me.. :mrgreen:

Missed my point completely. I'm talking about one type of phone vs another. Or one type of mp3 player vs another.
Plus i'm really just egging on all the haters just for fun. ;)

Hey Dennis, today is my B-Day and I got a gift card for the new Apple 4 phone! :bounce:
I'm very excited to get this thing! When you get yours we can try out the Face to Face calling.:^: we can show each other our tanks via the phone. How cool.

Last edited:
Back