90g Seahorse Tank

NathanMI

Reef Addict
My 90g Seahorse and Soon to be reef tank.
null_zps265835f4.jpg

null_zpsde6db309.jpg

null_zpsdc9d750a.jpg

null_zpsee62b1a3.jpg

null_zps52e6ce66.jpg

null_zps493e603e.jpg

Current fish are:
1 Banded Pipe Fish
2 Zebra Bared Dartfish
2 seahorses
1 H. erectus
1 H. Kuda

I have a fluval 405 and a 20g sump as pictured.
In the sump is an asm skimmer and a refugium with a 4 bulb t5
Currently I only have a two bulb on my tank so I'm planning on adding a 4 bulb so I can get coral again! My last one died on me.

I got my other light fixture to work! Turns out the bulb was in loose! It looks much better! I just have to replace all four of my bulbs and I can go pick up some soft corals!:bounce:

null_zpsd7423556.jpg

Although seahorses dont like a lot of flow, there is clearly is not enough flow in your tank because you have cyano growing on one of your seahorses.

I would move some of your macro algae over your display tank ASAP to give them a more appropriate environment to live in.

Yeah I've been trying to figure it out. I cleaned the rocks yesterday after these were taken. I want to try to place my returns differently to increase the flow. It's hard in a large tank. I have two powerheads but they're too powerful. I may have to purchase a smaller one or two. Thank you!

I've updated a few things:

First, I added fans for cool. I added two computer fans one to each side with a seperate power supply for each one. Then I bought a fan at Meijer and mounted it on the wall. I've been having algae issues because I don't have a ro/di. Every time I do a water change I get algae growth. I did a huge cleaning yesterday and rearranged my rocks. My skimmer is running awesome! I finished planning my upgrades so far these are my plans:

RO/DI filter
Apex for ATO, Heater, Fans, and return pump
Add apex LED pendants
Upgrade sump from 20g to 50g
Upgrade overflow from 300 to 1200gph (eshopps 1200)
Upgrade return pump from 200 to 900gph (reeflo)
Currently curing live rock for 50g sump
Add two MH lights to total 4 T5 bulbs and two MH (Don't know what brand or type)
Upgrade skimmer from ASM mini G to ASM G2

null_zps886955f0.jpg

null_zps528f3399.jpg

Yesterday u added a DIY ATO system.

I had this reptile misting system sitting around so I changed all the tubing on it.
I also pulled off the sprayers of course and attched it to a suction cup in my sump.
Picture:
It's the black line going into the tank.
null_zps8d2f733a.jpg

The system had a cycle timer which is how long between sprays and a duration timer which is how long it sprays for.
I turned the cycle timer all the way down and it turns on every 3 minutes.
I turned the duration timer so it stays on for only 3 seconds
It works out great!
Now I don't have to spend $200 on an ATO!
Pictures:
ExoTerra Monsoon RS 400:
null_zps6ccacdf6.jpg

I put it on a bucket instead of the little container it comes with which lets light in.

I'm going to get a RO/DI next week ill hook up to a garbage can in the kitchen on a stand with a float valve. Ill either just fill the bucket when it needs to be filled or ill attach that to the ATO bucket with another lost valve. But id rather have 5gallons hooked up instead on unlimited water in cad something goes wrong.

Back