911 ....my feather duster was lunch !!

Lab_boy

Reefing newb
I have 3 beautiful feather duster's well today my long black spine sea urchin decided he wanted a expensive lunch lol ...he was caught munching away on one if my dusters ! The duster did not expell his fan during the attack. Now my poor duster has slimy mucus stuff every where! Will it shed the old fan and grow a new one ? Or will it die ? or do I need to do some thing ? I am Totaly gonna trade the urchin back at my LFS!!

i had one of those and my bicolor blennie decided to start eating the tube then couple of days later seen the crown on substrate and havent seen it since. i cant find it anywhere but if do will let you know

The tube was not disturbed just half of the duster part ...whats weird is most dusters when attacked will shoot off their fan immediately...well of course mine didn't lol.

they drop there crown when there stressed if the tube wasent desturbed its prolly fine just leave it in the tank it can take like 3 weeks or so to grow back

Up date on my duster lol he did shed the old crown and is in the process of growing a new one ...what's weird is the duster comes out now and really looks like the worm off the movie tremors lol

Up date on my duster lol he did shed the old crown and is in the process of growing a new one ...what's weird is the duster comes out now and really looks like the worm off the movie tremors lol

OMG! Gross I alway wondered what the worm looked like since its so pretty with the fan.

Back