A Beginner

robertwc1960

Reefing newb
Hello All. I want to set up a marine aquarium and am at present gathering as much information on this as I can. I have not kept fish before (except for the obligatory goldfish). Alot of people I speak to say it is too difficult to do this and I should set up a freshwater one. I know that it is a very involved hobby and alot of skill and knowlege is required but I am willing to learn. At present I dont even have a tank. I am researching which one to get. I dont intend just buying any tank, sticking some fish in it then wondering why they all died within a couple of weeks! That is why the knowlege and experience of the forum members is essential for someone like me. Hopefully this will be the start of something special.

actually wen u have the basics and know about the cycle its quite easy...i rarely need to touch my tank only for testing and water changes :D

Hello and Welcome!!!

I think its a benefit you havent started with freshwater, because you have no had habits to unlearn!

I would start by checking out the articles section and be sure to read the stickies in each forum section. Then spend some time looking at the tank builds and find you like and think works well.

If you have questions, be sure to ask! The only stupid and potentially dangerous question is the one unasked.

Back