a BIG setback!!!

Justin0329

Reefing newb
Well, I have been cycling my tank for about 3 weeks now and was getting some good progress. Now, this morning I wake up to find a small puddle of water next to my tank. I clean it up just hoping something spilt the night before. About 20 minutes later, another small puddle. About the size of baseball in diameter. I guess its now time to tear it down and determine if I need a replacement tank it if I can even try to reseal it. That is of course if I can determine where the leak is coming from.

that blows - i am cleaning mine now that i just got and was thinking should i reseal it - well reading your post just made up my mind - RESEAL - hope you can figure out where its coming from - resealing isnt bad to do

Yeah, I just picked up a tube of 100% silicone without mold/bacteria preventer and spread a nice thick coat around all the seams. Its just about dry so soon I'll be checking to see if it worked. If not, I'll be taking advantage of the sale at petco right now.

I hope it works out for you...that sucks having a leaking tank, but I'm glad you found it before it got too bad. Good luck with everything.

if its just a 55g i would get a new tank. its a small investment compared to saltwater livestock, its not worth trying to save the old tank to sale a few bucks imho.

Back