A death in my fish family. :(

Keaton

Reefing newb
So after losing a gorgeous Lemonpeel angel I'm left nervous and a little light in the wallet. I know that even thought the puffer and the Lemonpeel SHOULD have gotten along just fine, nothing is certain. I want to be sure of my livestock choices. I want ultimately to have a Lemonpeel and an Emperor angel. Some say this will work and some advise against it because of the size of my tank. My plan is to introduce them to my tank at the same time at roughly the same size. What do you guys think? I'd also like to get a powder brown tang, can I introduce the three of them at the same time if they are all about the same size? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

a powder brown, lemonpeel and an emperor would be pushing it, and since the emperor and lemonpeel arent even the same type of fish i dont see why you would have to introduce them at the same time

Didn't know if Dwarf angels and large angels would fight. They say they're compatible but my spotted puffer just tore a Lemonpeel twice it's size apart overnight and they're also supposed to be compatible. I forgot to mention that part in the above post. I also forgot to mention that I'm hopefully gonna be able to get a 180g tank in a few months and transfer all the fish to that tank. I don't know I'm just worried now lol.

Not to mention,powder browns are one of those fish likes to get ick.I'd wait on the powder brown too,at least untill you get a bigger tank.

How fast would a powder brown outgrow my 75 if I got him at @ 2"? Same with the two aformentioned angels?

You'd be alright with the angels for a while.But even at 2",that powder brown needs room to swim.Even small ones tend to stress when their confined.

An achilles tang is even worse. They are probably the hardest tang to keep alive, of all the tangs. One of the fish that should be left in the ocean, IMO. My LFS won't even sell them, because they just don't live more than a couple weeks.

This would only be attempted in a 180g or bigger tank and it would be dedicated to the Achilles. That fish is what got me into the hobby. I would be traumatized if it died on me though lol. Dammit Biff...stop being so....right all the time!! :)

Awww, you and NDB can form a "Sarah is Always Right and I'm Always Wrong and it Sucks to Be Me" club ;) Think about it this way, you only have to deal with it on the forums. He has to put up with it 24/7!! You've got it easy, man.

Back