A little clean up help?

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
Okay, I think its time to add a few clean up members to my tank. Its not bad, but I am starting to see a little algae growth on rocks and such. I figure I'll add 6 or 8 snails to clean up the tank glass and other such things. What should I get to nip the hair type algae? It's only about1 mm Long or so and only on a few shells I have in the tank. I wouldn't mind something that will help stir up the base and eat the food that the Chromis don't get to. Water numbers are zero across the board, SG is 1.025, pH is 7.9 roughly. Lights are LED, 2 to 1 Blue 12,000k plus a small blue strip. No idea what size it is. Running lights about 11 hours a day plus the ambient light in the room. Computer monitor is a night light. :)

I'll be doing a 10% water change in the morning since the pH seems a little low. Any suggestions for the CUC?

reefs2go.com is a good site to use to order a clean up crew. If these are for your 90 gal, I would get more than 6-8. I would aim for 1 clean up member per gallon, that may seem like a lot but different snails tend to clean up different things. I would do 10 nerites, 10 astreas, 10 ceriths, 20 red leg hermits, 15 blue leg hermits, 20 nassarius(if you have a sand bed), 1 emerald crab, 2 peppermint shrimp. rough numbers of course. variety is always good.

ph isnt a big worry in the hobby. alkalinity, calcium and magnesium are and when in line will line the ph right where you want it.

Start with 3 or 4 trochus snails,7 to 8 nerites and maybe a one or 2 turbo snails.
Don't waste your money on those pre-built CUC kits.Get a few at time until have just enough to keep up with the clean up duties.Any more and they'll just starve.

So no shrimp or anything to clean the sand?

I really don't want a turbo as I am not too sure if my architecture is up to it! I guess it would be a good test of it huh? I also don't really like crabs. I guess I could deal with a few if I had to.

Back