A newbie to this forum and saltwater, Saying HI!!

sandman

Reefing newb
Hello everyone I am new to the saltwater experience. I have had fresh water way back when and just got into the saltwater hobby with my fiancee (who is not so new to saltwater, but not too informative)....

With that being said I am happy to be here and I hope I can get a lot of insight and guidance from a lot of you experts and informative members.

I had a 75 Gallon not plumbed for piping that I just sold last week, and my loving fiancee being the woman she is, decided she wanted to get a saltwater aquarium right after I sold mine. On Friday we went to buy a 29 Biocube and ended up leaving with a 65 gallon tall tank, stand, and livingcolor 100 wet/dry system with 700 GPH pump and a Seaclone 150 protien Skimmer.

I just had it filled with water and sand on Saturday and the cloudiness has cleared away. Now I have a lot of questions and I also wanted to enjoy other people's tank pictures and experiences.

I imagine this is not the section to post questions so I will look for those threads to ask about chemical, water temp, different rocks and so on...

Thanks and I'm looking forward to being a member of this site!

here is a picture of my tank on saturday night after the water was added....currently going through the cycle and was cloudy.

Attachments

• photot.jpg
    photot.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 482
howdy and welcome to the site...:D
ask away there are alot of good people here who will be more then willing to help along the way..

Welcome! Generally the newbie section is a good place to start, there are a lot of stickies there about general setup that you can follow, but everyone is REALLY good about following the threads pretty closely and answering any questions that you have.

Welcome to the site! If you have any questions just look for the appropriate section to put it in.

Thanks everyone....just put some nice fiji rock in the tank....about 55-60lbs. I want to organize more but the tank keeps getting so cloudy. How can i stop this or does this go away on it's own?

Back