A Pocket Guide, Marine Fish

Shep

Reefing newb
Hey

So my friend gave me this book because he had stopped doing a saltwater tank and I have noticed one thing while looking through it. The minimum tank size for the fish are a lot samler than Liveaquaria.com has listed. For example the book has most dwarf angels listed at needing a 30+ tank, while LA has them listed mostly at 70+. Which source do I trust?

Thanks
-Tom

Always think of an animal closed into an environment that is just too small for his happiness....please lean toward putting fish in that are too little for the tank...then they won't be squeezed when they grow....

...did someone say trust the INTERNET? Oh, my...

I will add this:
Will that dwarf angel do well and thrive in a 30 gallon tank? With proper husbandry, yes, HOWEVER relate it to this: if you were basically imprisoned in a 50 sqft space for your life, even given entertainment and food, everything you need, would you be stressed out? The answer is yes. And stress is scientifically proven to shorten lifespans; for instance prison inmates. So is it acceptable to knowingly condemn an organism to an early death?

Answer that yourself...

Back