AAAGGGHHH I have flat worms.......

garydm

Reefing newb
Yep I have little tiny ones in my sump of all places.....Have not seen them in the display yet thank god.....My question is if I put in some flat worm killer will it effect the pods I have in the fuge...and what do you use and where do you get it......I looked today as soon as I found out and none of my lfs have anything to kill them......

If they are in your sump, they are probably already in your display. They blend in really well on the rocks, but I'd bet that you at least have a few. You need to treat the whole system. Use Flatworm Exit, and follow the directions carefully. The medication will likely not hurt anything else in your tank, but you need to be careful about getting as many of the bodies out by hand when you treat the tank, and then do some substantial water changes afterwards. It's not the medication that's dangerous, it's the toxins that the flatworms release when they die.

Thanks Ill have to order some of the flatworm exit...so my snails will be fine.....Im attached to my nassiurs snail

I think your snails will be fine :) If you are worried, you could try to catch your snails and keep them in a bucket or container while you treat the tank.

Back