aahhh help fast.

Post parameters, please. Were there any spots on the firefish? We need more info to go by. maybe they were stressed. Did they jump, or just dead?

Post parameters, please. Were there any spots on the firefish? We need more info to go by. maybe they were stressed. Did they jump, or just dead?

well i woke up and he was just dead on the rocks... his white part of his body is see through ?!?! dont know if that helps ...... when i added the ocellaris he instantly started chasing my fish (i knew i would have a dead one the next day ). i turned off the lights so they would go hide . but the ocellaris never calmed down he was darting around the tank all last night. also when i added the firefish he was hiding the whole time in a cave until i found him today.

'fine' means different things to different people. Its good to hear that your other inhabitants are not having any issues.

If you really want us to help you figure out why the fish died, you'll need to provide more information that 'everything is fine'. Obviously its not fine if you're loosing fish.

If you know for a fact it was the clown that killed the firefish, and you're looking to have that verified - its entirely possible. Clowns are in the damsel family and can be quite mean. If he's been in the tank a while, I'd introduce new fish with the lights off, you may also want to try re-arranging some of the rocks, or pulling the clown out temporarily to allow the new fish to get established

My clowns killed a Royal Gramma in no time...I made the mistake of letting them have the run of the tank for too long, and they go after my hands when I stick them in the tank as well. I put in a bicolor dottyback and he is doing great, holding his own. Seems they won't pick on a more aggressive fish...

Back