ericcarlsoc

Reefing newb
i have a 5 inch regal blue tang
a 4 1/2 inch hole yellow eye tang
a 3 1/2 inch purple tang
a pink spot goby
a blenny
a maroon clown fish

is this two many fish in a 155 gallon aquarium and what is the minim size tank i would need in the next few years to house these tangs full size with out having to ever upgrade again
i was thinking about a 250 gallon but maybe a 300 would be better but id love the advice thanks

The purple And kole eye are ok in the tank you have them in now. The hippo will need a tank at least 8 feet and 240 gallons.

With tangs it's more about the length of the tank then the actual gallonage. You'll see if you keep the hippo when full grown in the 6ft tank that he'll seem cramped with only that much room to swim.

You're certainly not overstocked. And I think the hippo tang would probably be okay in a large 6' (like a 180), but the bigger the better.

I say get the 300 caus I like big tank builds. :D

Well liveaquaria says 180 and they only get a couple inches larger than the smaller tangs. But like I said, the bigger the better.

They are in the same boat as the naso tangs, they just need a ton of space. You need to use your brain about this stuff. Liveaquaria also says triggers can go in a 70 gal tank, do you think that is right? obviously not.

Live aqauria is just like every lfs, they exist to sell you stuff. Yes they are better than most, but they still have to sell stuff.

Back