Acclimate your fish...

I've always wanted one, but I've never pulled the trigger because I don't want another piece of equipment just sitting around when not being used. :(

Yeah I've seen those. For me, it's not worth the money. But looks like a nice setup. I already acclimate in my sump....acclimates the water and the temp :)

It's a bit expensive for an acrylic box. But, I use something similar to that. I don't use it to acclimate the fish to the water though, I use it to acclimate the current fish to the new ones coming in. IME it's been very helping when adding similar looking fish. I had a mystery wrasse (which is a notorious bully) and was able to add 2 leopard wrasses to the tank by putting them in the box for two months and letting the mystery get used to them. It's also good for finicky fish, I was able to train my leopards onto frozen food while they were in there.

Well I was sort of thinking about getting one. Not only is it a good way to acclimate fish, but wouldnt it also be a good quarantine/hospital tank? Small yes but maybe useful.....

but wouldnt it also be a good quarantine/hospital tank? Small yes but maybe useful.....

No, because the whole point of putting a fish in qt is so that they heal. Putting a fish in that small space would definitely kill them. A fish usually stays in qt for a few weeks. It would be cruel to put them in a small container like that. Plus you don't want to risk any of the medicated water to end up in the main tank, which will defeat the purpose.

Back