Acclimating to New Lights?

Discussion in 'Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment' started by SaltwaterNoob17, Jun 18, 2010.

1. SaltwaterNoob17

SaltwaterNoob17

What is the best way to make the switch from an old lighting fixture to a new one? I just got my Nova Extreme Pro in the mail, and I need to acclimate my aquarium from my Sundial fixture to the Nova Pro (an extra 78 Watts). Thanks guys.

SaltwaterNoob17, Jun 18, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. SaltwaterNoob17

bjohanson1234 .........

When I get new bubls or upgrade lights, I change the timer from all day down to 30 minutes. Then I add 15 minutes a day until I get back to full strength. I know it takes a long time, but it is just once a year. Some people take the cloth window screens and pul like 4 layers over the top of your tank. Then every week take a layer off.

bjohanson1234, Jun 18, 2010
    SaltwaterNoob17 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. SaltwaterNoob17

ccCapt Reef Hacker Moderator

A piece of eggcrate over the top of the tank (under the lights) for about a week is all you need to do. After a week, remove the eggcrate.

ccCapt, Jun 18, 2010
    SaltwaterNoob17 likes this.
  4. SaltwaterNoob17

SaltwaterNoob17

Thank you both!! The new lights came today, but I don't plan on acclimating them on the tank until next week. I'm heading out of town Sunday, so I plan on keeping my old ones on the tank until then...

SaltwaterNoob17, Jun 19, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question