Acropora lost color.

slm32123

Reefing newb
Hey guys, I have a pink birdsnest that is no longer pink. It is a dull brown. I am still getting phenomenal growth, just wondering if there is something I can add to get the pink back.

Also have a green monti that has lost color. The plate is all white, and the polyps are a faint green. Also have amazing growth from it.

Both of my Red Montis are still beautifully red and have been in the tank just as long.

Thanks for the help everyone!

There was some mention in another thread of SPS losing color but experiencing increased growth in association with increased nitrates and phosphates in the water. The SPS in question were browning out but growing like weeds. Just a thought. I haven't kept SPS, so any advice I have is second hand....

Ok, then my new question is, if it is phosphates, and I remove them, is it going to kill my SPS, or will it just slow down growth and return color?

And if the latter is the case, then should I keep levels where they are to continue growth, and then after some more growth remove phosphates to regain color?

Back