Acrylic Supplys?

RyanG

Reef enthusiast
Does anyone know of an online supplier of thin sheet acrylic? Also is your basic plexi-glass the same acrylic that is used in aquarium settings? Im looking for 3/16th by 24in UV tolerant acrylic. Thanks for the help. If this doesnt belong here can a mod put it inthe proper place?

I know the company that built my custom sump sell acrylic and supplies-glue,etc.You do know places like HD and Lowe's sell it as well,right?Plexi-Glass and acylic is one in the same.The former is the name of the company that makes the acylic.

Lifereef Filter Systems

I bought acrylic sheet.Plexiglass was written across the brown paper and acrylic was right below that scroll across the brown paper.

Basically, they are both the same. If one is from a name brand supplier, such as Rohm and Hauss or Dupont, it usually is masked with brown paper with their logo and it will be more expensive. Most of the cheaper acrylics are either filmed with blue transparent skin or plain brown paper and are imported. Some of the outlet stores may sell Lexan, which is used in glazing, is considered bullet proof in its thicker grades and although it looks the same, it is chemically different. You can tell the difference by tapping on it with your knuckle. It will make a tinny sound as compared with regular acrylic. As far as an online supplier, I know of one company named Glasscages.com. They will cut to size in various thicknesses. I purchased an acrylic tank from them once. Not the best as far as appearance, but it served the purpose.

Last edited:
Back