Add second Mandarin Dragonette

I've heard of it being done and working out.But I've also heard that the established fish killed the new comer.50/50 shot.

good luck with it :) just make sure its way bigger or way smaller.... that way theres not a whole huge fight for dominance... it can be done :)

I`m going to go another direction. I`m thinking it would be hard to keep two fed in one of the tanks you have mentioned. I`m assuming that for one to survive in that size tank it must be eating prepared foods. If you did get another make sure you see it eat at the LFS.

I`m going to go another direction. I`m thinking it would be hard to keep two fed in one of the tanks you have mentioned. I`m assuming that for one to survive in that size tank it must be eating prepared foods. If you did get another make sure you see it eat at the LFS.

My MD is eating well, she eats lots of Ocean Nutrition Formula 1 small pellets and orange sushi eggs. I've seen MDs eat bristleworms on occasion also. I have plenty of copepods and amphipods in my tank and no other big pod eaters like damsels or wrasses.

How does the species survive if they even kill the opposite sex?

i dont think i would try it in a small tank. because if they decide that they do not like each other one if not both of them are going to die from fighting.

Yup. They breed and run. And in an aquarium, there's nowhere to run.

I tried to put two mandarins of the opposite sex in my 240. It didn't work. The female (the first one I had) survived, but I never saw the male again. I added him after I had the female for about a year.

Yup. They breed and run. And in an aquarium, there's nowhere to run.

I tried to put two mandarins of the opposite sex in my 240. It didn't work. The female (the first one I had) survived, but I never saw the male again. I added him after I had the female for about a year.

Yeah, a lot guys do that too. :lol:

Back