Add Table Prawn??

Waddi

Shenanigans?
Well, i have already added to my tank some stuff called, Nutrafin Cycle, hoping that would speed up my cycle, so i can start whacking the CUC in there. But just thought i would come on here and see if i should just let the prawn rot in the tank maybe?? And how long roughly do tanks take to cycle?? 2 weeks???:question:
Suggestions!!! I love em!!! :mrgreen:

Did you use live rock and sand? That helped mine to cycle much faster than I expected but those first few weeks are soooo hard to get though because you want to get creatures so bad LOL

I didnt use a whole shrimp I only put in a few pieces of sinking food pellets that I had.

I let it just dissolve and the next day my ammonia when up some and within about 2 weeks my ammonia and nitrates were gone and I had all my brown diatoms so I added 3 each of crabs and snails.

Ok thanks for the tip, but it looks like i have a little fellow to feed in there already...... A mantis shrimp by the looks of it. He is hiding in a small crevices of a rock, and all i can see are to eyes on some sticks poking out this whole, so when i put a flashlight on him he ahad a very small skinny body. So, guess i will be having an Eat and Greet evening!! :D

Well, here the little bazza is, i may transport him to a backup tank i have. Havent decided yet.
He is the green thing in the crevice right hand side.

Photo0231.jpg

if you lived near me id take it off your hands! :P if you want to keep him you could setup a 5.5 - 10 gal for him. i know you want clowns in that tank and i got to say chances are high he would kill them. unless you wana rethink what fish you want for your stock list he might be best by himself. you can feed him with stick or maby some Forceps some shrimp (make sure he works for it hits the shrim atleast a few times b4 you give it to him) every 2-3 days or toss some hermit crabs in and let him take em out when he is hungry. if he gets use to you as "The almighty bringer of food' he will start to come out more when your around the tank. maby long enough for you to get a good pic :P

Last edited:
Yea, i wanna stick with the clowns, so my unexpected buddy has to go, its gonna be hard trying to find someone who will take him. So i have put an add on Kijiji (Craigslist for Canada) to see who will take him, dont want some nut taking him though, also gonna check if LFS will have him. Annoying, because i did want a mantis shrimp..... just not now!! :roll:

Back