Adding a "Living Reefs" tag to photos = not cool

Adrastos

not getting a free ride
Okay - I am not one to complain or anything about a nice free photo service like that is offered here.

But the new addition of tagging our photos with the living reefs website.. make it appear that LR owns the copyright to the photo. Which unless I am mistaken... you don't.

Can this feature be removed or can you should at least warn the person uploading so they can add their own copyright or watermark to the photo.

I actually like the logo on the pics posted.Whats wrong with Living Reefs on the pics?We are a community and should support this site.

I had a problem many years ago with a site adding tags to images. A publisher for a book was browsing the site, liked the picture - added it to his book with the website as credit. Not cool...

fishtank076.jpg

I can see both sides of the arguement...... But guess what, this site is free so i dont care what they do with pics. Im just happy LR is here.

I can see both sides of the arguement...... But guess what, this site is free so i dont care what they do with pics. Im just happy LR is here.

Ditto.

If you wanted to protect your own interets in the photo, then maybe you could add your own unique identifier before you upload it here? I'm no photoshop wiz, but I'd think this could be done without much effort. Then if a book publisher, for example, wanted to use the photo they would know it was your photo and not a LR photo.

:Cheers:

Back