adding a refugium

All you have to do is buy a small tank that will fit under the stand, an overflow box and a return pump.

Very easy. The most expensive part is the overflowbox (under $100).

BTw, congrats on hitting 1K :)

What we have suggested is a real fuge too. Its just under the DT.

As for pics, why dont you just google this? Its easier than you think to find info on overflow boxes.

I know what you suggested is a real fuge, I have found overflow boxes, the problem is I would want it in the back, the water level is about 8 inches or so from the top in the back compartment, would that work?

yea, I was looking at that one, I really like it, only thing is I have to find out about how it goes into the water and everything, it might not work for the back of the tank because of the filtration and the water level being about 8 inches down from the top, it would work on one of the sides though, just gotta figure out if I would really want 1 out of my 3 viewing sides blocked

This isn't going to be easy.You can't use a HOB fuge because the filter chamber in the back is in the way.You can't just put an overflow to a sump for the same reason unless you want to hang it on the side which is tacky.

How does water get into the back filter chamber?Does it drain in similar to what an overflow box does?If so you could drill back there to drain into a sump then get a return pump to return the water.

How about putting some chaeto in section 4(if that area is underwater) and be done with it.

:bounce: There are a lot of people putting their refugiums out on display now. The simplest and cheapest method is to buy a small tank and have an overflow hole drilled in it at a local LFS or local aquarium society or club. Place the reufugium tank on a shelf at a height where the drain hole from the refugium tank is above the top of the display tank, then just use a small in tank pump to feed the water to your refugium tank. The water will drain by gravity through a bulkhead and plumbing line through the overflow head back into the display tank. The refugium will only need a light for equipment, if you plan on growing macro algae in it. :^:

Back