adding a second clown?

beano

habitual reefer
when we first got a clown pair one of them died within 12 hours of quarantine. the survivor is healthy for at least 2 months, but it just hangs near the top corner. would adding another clown make the first one happier? i know we need to add one smaller and same species and there is a chance they wont get along, anyone have any advice/experience adding clowns?

In my experience, clowns are like love birds, although they will do fine alone i think they are happier as a pair. I have no basis for this other than what i feel when i see my pair of clowns. Whether that is true or not, i dont know.

+1 Game
Most clowns do seem happier in pairs.But keep in mind,that dont mean the one you already have will pair with another.

i think what would be best is to get that clown out and put it in quarantine with the clown you get to see if they pair up and if they done it would be easier to get one of them out of there then possibly risk one being killed in your main tank. so i say if you do it that way then go for it and see if you can get another pair

Back