Adding coralline algae accelerator

Aqua_man

The Fish Guy
Hey guys quick question just did a water change took out about 5 gallons and added more live sand and water is clear already so I added Microbe-lift Coralline Algae Accelerator to my tank. Will this ruin the quality of water and permanently clowd water, I have live rock btw

I dont think you seriously hurt your tank by adding that stuff, but it probably wont help grow coraline. It will grow plenty fast under blue-er lights and the normal water conditions.

Also never ever ever dose without a proven need first, and you must be able to test for what you dosed. Over doses are common and deadly.

damn thanks man I have so many people telling me diff things but will it clowd water permanent and should I do a water change again

You don't really need to do another water change. Like little_fish said, it's useless, but harmless. And PS... little_fish is a girl. :D

You shouldnt have to add anything, and like i said before DONT ADD ANYTHING UNLESS YOU CAN TEST FOR IT!!! AND DONT ADD ANYTHING UNLESS YOU HAVE A PROVEN NEED!!!!

I seriously cannot stress enough how important those two things are.

Calcium doses are good you shouldn't need a corraline accelerator just make sure you have enough corals to consume the calcium. But if you run your lights consistently and dose calcium you will definitely get that awesome purple growth!

No, unless your tank is using up the calcium faster than you do water changes, such as if you have a tank full of crazy growing SPS corals you do not need to dose calcium!

Test your water! If you have chronically low calcium, then dose, if you dont - dont dose. If you cant test, then you should not be dosing!

Over doses are deadly and easy to do!

And running your lights consistently plus dosing calcium will not make the coraline grow any faster. If you do want lots of coraline, use more blueish lighting, it prefers that wavelength and will grow faster with the correct wavelength of light - not high calcium levels. Correct calcium levels plus blue lighting and you will have coraline coming out of your ears.

The correct level of calcium HELPS, having too much isnt going to do diddly squat. If he is doing he water changes even some what regularly, his calcium levels are going to be plenty fine for growing coraline. Also they need to correct wavelenght to grow fast, having tons and tons of light of the wrong wavelengths also isnt going to do diddly squat. Coraline will grow faster if you have more of the blueish actin lighting.

its not green and thick its really thin and only on couple rocks they seem to connect like 2 rocks not far apart it connects

Back