Adding green to led

clancaster23

Reefing newb
I just changed some of the LED's in two of the four fixtures I have over my 180. They are 40 light fixtures, half white, half blue. I like how it looks now but it's just a bit too much pink/purple color. I put two reds (660nm) in each of the two. I didn't think they would be so strong, I can actually see the red flashing off the sand bed. I want to reduce the pink hue I have now when I do the other two fixtures and was thinking of having just one red per fixture and I need to replace that second red with something. I was thinking of putting in a green but not sure what effect it'd have on the lighting. Right now they have 9 whites, 15 blues, 9 royal blue, 5 violet and 2 red. I'm going for a little more blue and a little less red/pink so I want to replace one red with either a green or a royal blue. Or is there another color I should try or should I put in a green? Maybe a blue? I'm not sure. Suggestions?

I'd get a cyan but no one seems to have the non star type that I need. I have to use bare diodes on my light and solder then straight to the board, can't use a pcb.

Back