Adding more fish...

recliner

Reefing newb
Things are going well in my 150 tall reef system. Nitrates have been 0 for a while and i have been trading for new fish. Now I'm wanting a few specific fish & want to know if they'll be compatable, if I have enough room, and the best order to add them.
Currently I have:
Inverts:
Serpent sea star
Brittle sea star, green
Chocolate chip starfish
Purple lobster

Fish: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Wanted:
2 clowns. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Yellow tang
Blue/green chromis. * * * * * * * * * * *. * * * * Powder blue tang*
Sleeper banded goby. * * * * * * * * * *. * * * * Flame angel
Falco hawkfish. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Orange butterfly (kleini)
Black sailfin blenny. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Fox face*
Tomini tang. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Bicolor or purple dotty back
Six line wrasse

First off, the Tangs are all from different genomes but would I still have a royal rumble in my tank? Second, do I have enough room for all those fish?
I know to only add 1 every week or 2 and it would probably be a month or more between additions.

You do have room for all of the fish on your list, and all are compatable with a 150 tall. The only fish on there that I really worry about is the powder blue tang. They really need at least a 6ft long tank and get stressed very easily leading to frequent ich outbreaks (same with the powder browns). Before buying the powder blue I would read up on others experiences of them and see if you still want to risk it.

Also, is this a reef tank or a FOWLR? I ask because several of the fish/inverts you have are not reef safe. That green brittlestar is a known fish killer and I'd strongly recommend moving it to your sump or trading it in for a non-green brittle.

EDIT - You also want to wait about a month between fish additions, not just a week or two, particularly with the larger fish

It's a reef tank. I read the green brittle can be a fish killer after I got him. Both it and the serpent star are approx 18" when their arms are totally spread. Haven't had any problems so far, but I did list the brittle and the chocolate chip this morning on craigslist. I'd love to get rid of the lobster cause it makes me nervous but I'd never catch it without removing 150+ pounds of rock.
I thought all my fish were either totally safe or "add with caution" to reef systems.

The hawkfish will eat your inverts, and the butterfly and angel may eat your corals - I think you have a better shot at finding a flame angel that will leave your corals alone than you do the butterfly.

Hmmm, I figured the hawkfish was the one pestering the chocolate chip star lately and I already got rid of a different small starfish a couple weeks ago cause he was getting picked on too. Haven't noticed my snail population changing, but I don't pay much attention to them. So it's likely the hawkfish is taking out my cuc?

Well, I have someone that may trade me a yellow tang for my brittle green star. Since no one mentioned world war 3 with having the tomini tang and a yellow tang so far I may see how it goes.

They are likely to go after shrimp, but I'm not sure about snails or stars. Do you have any hermits in your tank? If so, they are likely the ones going after your snails - or it could be the lobster. Glad to hear you found a home for the GBS, and that you are looking for one for the CCS (which isn't reef safe either). You shouldn't have a problem with the tangs - they are different species. If you find the tomini bothering the yellow, you can hang a mirror against the glass to distract the tomini. Good luck!

Have a mirror handy when adding the tangs, and be prepared to move rocks around to confuse them

That butterfly will definitely eat soft corals. I had one that was an Aipstaisa assassin, but it also took out Zoas, mushrooms, brains, and Duncan's. The only thing it left alone was all the Kenya weed

I have a blood red shrimp in with the hawkfish for about 6 weeks and have had no issues there. Maybe the shrimp is too big for him. I'd like to either get the butterfly or peppermint shrimp to get the aiptasia I can't reach. I'm going in to premium aquatics on Friday and will either get the kleini butterfly for $20 or 5 peppermint shrimp for $25. If I get the shrimp I might get a foxface too.

I've never heard of a Kleini eating aiptasia. Even with that being said any fish species that does eat aiptasia, only 50% at best will eat it in captivity.

Back