adding water-water change

nudy6969

RUSTYS BROWN DOUGHNUT
when doing a water change, or adding water, do i have to heat up the water to the same temperature as the water i the tank.

I don't and I don't seem to have any problems. I never thought about that though. It would create less of a change for sure.

Be sure to top off with RO/DI water to replace evaporated water

Depends on how much water your changing.For a one or 2 gallon water change,I wouldnt worry about heating unless it had ice on it.

I don't. I just let it set out and mix for the 24 hours. room temperature (usually 72 degrees in my house) gets it close enough that it doesn't seem to affect the tank temp. as far as top offs go, I just poor it in the sump. even if it's pretty cold water. but, it's normally only a 1/2 gallon or so.

The only time I warm the water is for a major water change. Top off water and small water changes it's at room temp.

My room temperature(72-74 degrees) is close to my tank temperature(77-78 degrees) so no I don't heat the water.Having it close to your display is the safer way.

If you are doing a "normal" sized water change (10 to 20%), then the new water being slightly lower temp. than your tank isn't going to make a difference. For larger water changes it's more important to match the temp.

After putting baffles in there isn't much room in a 5 gallon.Most people don't run sumps with nanos so I wouldn't worry about it.

Back