advice for an aggressive tank?

andersoned14

Reefing newb
I am looking at adding a couple aggressive fish to my tank. I would like to get a huma huma and a por. puffer. Would it make a big difference if I add the trigger first. I have a 90 that they will be going into and the only thing that is going to be in there is a black and white clown and a fire fish. I might move the firefish to the 29gal, I don't think he would be good in the long run. I am looking to add these fish when they are quiet small and watch them grow. Let me know what you think, I found a good looking trigger tonight but only very large puffers:grumble:. That is why I would like to add them in this order.

I dont see any problems with that plan.But you might want to move the firefish before adding that trigger.

Yeah, right now but the clown and firefish are in QT. So when they return to the DT they would go their seprate ways. In the 29 there are two perc clowns, so the black and white would need to go back to the 90. Yote you think the clown will hold his own with the trigger if the clown has about a month to settle in first? Clown is about 2-3 in" now
9970f054.jpg

here is a pic of clown

IMO and IME,humu's are not all that aggressive...in a 90 though he may just end up running the tank...great fish though,i love mine

Clowns will be fine in your aggressive tank. They are dam viscious fish! haha

Tomato clowns are meant to be the most agressive but my black and white clown attacks everything I put in my tank, even when the lionfish and puffer went in for a few days!

So dont worry about him, you wont be able to have a pair though imo, the smaller one will get beat up a bit or eaten lol

yep, so the one clown in a predator tank is fine, they are agressive animals :P and hold their own quite well!

I have a 29 too. Aquascape the rock so that there are plenty of hiding places for everybody --if there aren't they are more likely to fight.

Just put the clownfish in first and give him a couple of days to settle in.
Cant say he'll get eat,but cant say he wont either.

Back