advice on a 75 build

Tkelley

Reefing newb
i recently bought a 75g and plan on building a diy overflow box and herbie style overflow. i plan on using 1" bulkheads and maybe using 1.5" pipe after the bulkhead. im gunna use a 29g for my sump with 3 sections skimmer>return<fuge so i can adjust flow thru the fuge. for a return pump i plan on using either a mag 12 eheim 1262 or possibly a external panworld pump. i would like to use the panworld but unsure about the pump itself (are they good?) and the way i would have to plumb it. if i drill a hole in the lower side of the return section could i run a bulkhead>90> about a foot of pipe to the pump. would having a foot or so of piping before the intake of the pump effect the pump in any way? also is a 75g too small for a closed loop system, i only have a couple smaller powerheads from the 29g at the moment and dont know a lot about them. could you use a big pump and tee of the intake and return of the pump to use as a closed loop system and your regular return pump? i will try and sketch up a paint picture of the setup b/c i know some people are better visualizers like myself.

tank-1.png

this is with the external and internal pump im unsure which i want
these are the 3 pumps im trying to decide between
Mag-Drive Supreme 12 - 1200 GPH Pump - English

Eheim 1262 Universal Aquarium Pump 900GPH - English

PanWorld 50PXX External Aquarium Water Pump - 1110gph - English

Last edited:
Back