Advice on firefish and foxface...

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
Just thought I'd get more eyes on what I've seen on the firefish and foxface.

The firesfish has been eating like normal, but for a couple of days, he was M.I.A., but now came back out and I saw 2 red spots on one side, and 1 on the the other....could he have been stung? Or is it a disease? The spots are not raised, they don't look like they are ulcers. The only thing I have that might sting a little bit are ball anemones, and of course the foxface. But he is also living with a pistol shrimp for a year, and I don't think there's been problems.
firefish.jpg

The foxface, since getting the "bruise" looking circle on one side (which did go away after a few days), has had a red looking line along his spine, towards his tail. He's eating normal and is not hiding (in fact, he's out more now). Should I Be worried? Do NOT pay attention to his pale coloring -- he's pale cuz he was pissed about me chasing him around with the camera, but as soon as I walked away, he's bright yellow again, like his usual self.
foxface.jpg

Nope...no brushing at all; normal behavior-wise. I am just guessing the red spots on the firefish are stings or something. Dunno about the foxface's tail. Wasn't sure if it was normal.

Dust in your camera? (seriously)

Those look like dust on the camera sensor. Shoot a shot of plain blue sky and see if they are there.

Well, he (the firefish) disappeared a few weeks ago while I was on vacation. The petsitter saw him once, but I haven't seen him since. He was already looking bad before I left (not sickly...more like beat up). He's gone MIA for 3 weeks once, but it's now been a month, so I'm sure he became cuc food.

No, not dust. It was red spots like he got stung. My foxface is nice and fat and healthy :)

I never see my firefish (I have a purple) he comes out every couple of days for a quick bite to eat and then poof....back to his den. Sorry to hear about yours.... but happy to hear the fox is back to his normal self.

I didn't count the firefish out for dead, but it's been a month. Before this, he was out and about during feeding time w/o fail. I even checked the sump. But you never know. I'm over it :)

Back