Advices need it on my coverted 30 gals tank

ick is a parisite that ataches to your fish and scatching can ne sign.look for littlle white spots.The cleaner shrimp may help.It may eat the ick if it truly does have it.Hmm no article yet to recomend.

Ich/Whitespot

Symptoms

The main symptom of this disease is the small sugar-grain like spots which give the disease one of its common names. Fish may also rub against hard objects. In advanced stages, fish may be observed gasping and gill damage may be apparent.
Causes

The disease is caused by a protozoan parasite, Ichthyophthirius multifiliis, and is very contagious. The parasites spend a portion of their life cycle embedded beneath the skin of the fish, where they feed from the body tissue. The white cyst in which they are enclosed gives the characteristic white spots. Adults emerge from these cysts and fall to the floor of the aquarium, where they multiply inside a protective capsule. Some time later, the capsule bursts, releasing hundreds of free-swimming infectious parasites which attach themselves to new hosts. Whitespot is often introduced with new fish which have not been quarantined. Outbreaks of whitespot often occur after fish have been exposed to cooler than normal temperatures. Tangs are prone to ick.

Thanks Jasen for the info. Unfortunately, the links are no longer work. I will do a little research on that particular disease. Hopefully, my cleaner shrimp will help to take care of the problem if it arises.

BTW... my orange spot gobe jumped out of my tank the other day.... :( I came home and found him on the floor. :( Now, my sand bed is algaeing like crazy again. I need to get myself another gobe. This time I will try to keep the top of the tank cover. BUT... what about heating problem... I am confuse!!! HELP!!!

Thanks for reading.

Hello Manzillo11, I started my tank with about 42 lbs of live rocks and 20 lbs of live sand. I wish I started out with more sand. 20 lbs will work fine but I would use at least 30 lbs. If you can build a sand bed at least 2 1/2 inches thick, it will work great. Especially if you are getting a gobe. It likes making burrow. Hope this help.

Jack

jack,

yes that does help a lot. ive been looking on drsfostersmith for all my stuff and they have a 30 pound bag of Aragamax so i guess ill just pick that up. thanks again

marc

New pictures of my 4 month old tank

Hi all,
Here are some of my recent pictures of my tank. Enjoy! Welcome for any common(s).
Jack

DSC_0097.JPG

DSC_0094.JPG

DSC_0093.JPG

DSC_0092.JPG

DSC_0090.JPG

DSC_0089.JPG

DSC_0086.JPG

DSC_0082.JPG

wow never realized you had a blue and yellow tang in a 30 gallon. Thats a cramp fit. Do you have plans to upgrade soon since they probably already need mroe room?

Everything looks good though. Are those bubbles in the tank in the first few pictues?

THanks ReefWannabe... I know sooner or later I have to upgrade my 30 gal tank to a BIGGER (hopefully 60+... only my wife don't kill me). Also, I have limited space at home. Anyway.... Yes, I have air bubbles in the tank. It's from the skimmer. I don't have any bubble trap in it.

Jack

Back