After a time away, I'm back

Cottonwood

Lets move to Basketball..
Hey everyone, I had a large 125 gal set up, ended up breaking it down and haven't had anything for a while. I live near Sedona Arizona in a little town called Cottonwood, and there isn't much here at all for saltwater stuff. It has been a crazy time in life and staying busy, but I always think about doing another tank. I have a couple 10 gal tanks I was thinking of using one to do a nano tank. So I'm back and going to start getting everything together. I have my 72" lights still, but my old tank got a crack in the move, so if anyone is interested in a cheap light set or a trade let me know. Any way, I'm glad to be getting back to having fish again, I think it helps calm me down just staring at it for hours, I've had fish all growing up and this has been the longest I've been without I think...If anyone has ideas on what I should do with my nano, please share! I'll prob try to have water for my birthday in March (guilt my wife into agreeing by saying its my present :bounce:) and get everything set between now and then. Thanks guys, glad to see there are still a lot of names I recognize here, best forum I've ever been on! :Cheers:

Hello! Looks like we are in the same boat & after about a week of non stop fish talk I have convinced my husband to allow me to get a tank! I used to have a 50 gallon for about 2 years. It was Fish mainly. I am uber excited to get started again and also from AZ :)

I see that and the 928, if you're in the area I have some extra dry rock from my old tank that will be too much for mine and some big dead coral pieces that are pretty cool. If you're ever around Cottonwood you're welcome to just have some of them to help fill up your tank.

Awesome thanks! I found a local SW fish lover who has a tank he no longer wants it has some coral so maybe we can even swap if you're up & running ツ
We might actually head to Sedona during summer to escape our climate so that would be awesome!!! I convinced my husband a tank is beneficial to my well being because it's a special kind of relaxing and fixating hobby he cares nothing for fish but he's finally seen the light yay

Haha! Yeah, I'd love to do some swapping, let me know if you do head up this way. I'm always traveling around the state as well. Once he sees it he will love it too, I'm sure!

Thanks and Hi everyone. Jewlz my wife was so against my first tank after we got married, she finally gave in, and loved it once we had it up. How can someone not?!?! haha

Hey, so I'm thinking of using black sand for my new tank. Where have any of you bought it from that you liked what you got and had a good price? The only store around here is Walmart or Petco and I don't think they will have what I need.

hahah great minds think alike! I was wanting to do the same! But after reading others reviews on various sites I was thinking what one poster said

If I can't tell if the bottom sand needs attention then I might not catch a problem when it first arises. What some suggested doing is layering just a very thin layer on top of the white so it gives it some contrast but that way you can still see if the bed is looking dirty

I made a purchase today from someone here for all their live rock and Live Caribbean sand. So I'm just gonna stick to white...and on a happy note my hubby is showing interest :)

Thanks Ted, I was looking on their website, but I kept reading substrate and for planted tanks so I wasn't sure. I'll go to Sedona and check the store out.

I love having snails and crabs and shrimp and a real good CUC...maybe I was lucky, but I never had an issue before of my sand bed getting bad. But I always had critters that moved my sand around quite a bit, maybe I was lucky?

My last tank had white sand....well kinda cream color really never got bad but the black I think looks really good. My tank has been running since August and I have had no problems with this sand. No real problems with the tank for that matter...(knock on wood, cross my fingers, say a quick prayer and act like I never said that) If I remember correctly the cost of the petco sand was really fairly cheap and since it is there brand they seem to carry it all the time.

Alright, so I thought it was a petco, it is a petsmart. I know pretty much the same thing. This is the stuff they have there, is it similar to what you have Ted? Would it be ok? Also, does anyone want to mail me some LR?! haha, I can't find any here for sale without going to Prescott or Phoenix, I have a bunch of my old rock, but just need a piece to seed it and I don't want to make the trip and only come home with one LR, I want to make the trip once I'm ready for Critters!! Guess I'm driving 45mins each way for one rock though! I want to have it start cycling before the weekend gets here.
CaribSea Aquarium Sand - Gravel & Sand - Fish - PetSmart

Back