Aggressive clown! Help!

Devineverrr

Reefing newb
So yesterday I added a firefish to my 12g nano cube. I have a clownfish and a six line wrasse and my clow is bullying my new firefish! I really don't want to get rid if either of them! So how can I fix this?! Please help me! Thank you

You are unfortunately overstocked for a 12 gallon tank already. I think the sixline will be very unhappy in a tank that size and it really needs something larger. And clowns are normally territorial, and especially territorial in a small tank. You may have to make a choice between the two.

But in the meantime, you can try leaving the lights off and rearranging the rocks. That may force the clown to establish a new territory.

Well, for starters, that is a lot of fish for a 12 gal tank, especially if you have only been set up for month. You should only add a fish every 3 weeks, and i would say in a 12 gal tank, you should have a maximum of 2 fish.

Also, clowns are aggressive fish and should have been added last if you wanted to add a peaceful fish like the firefish. And that tank is too small for a 6 line anyways.

You can try doing a black out, or re-arranging the rock. But i think you need to get rid of either the clown or the firefish for peace and correct stocking.

Nijahed by biff and her speedy fingers

Also keep in mind that 6 line can be aggressive also, its sort of hit or miss with them. My clowns are very territorial and pretty much pick on any size fish if they try to occupy "Their Space"

Back