Aggressive clown?

SigEpLucas

Nano Reefer
So I have had two clown in my tank for at least 6 months now they have always gotten along great, they would hide out in the same place shake a little bit but never really go after each other. The other day I put in a royal gramma and the one clown wasted no time killing it and it's been very aggressive towards the other clown all day too, it was chasing it around frantically nipping at it and for about half the day the other clown has been cornered into a new cove and the aggressive clown keeps circling in front of it and every once in a while will still try and take a nip at him...

Any ideas what's going on?

It's a Clown. They do strange things sometimes. I think that the Royal Gramma brought out the aggressiveness of the Clown and now it feels like the King of the Hill and is being aggressive to anything and everything. I think you will probably end up having to remove it for a while.

I had a clown, I called him "The Evil Clown", used to chase my hand ever time I was in there. Even nipped me one time. Used to keep him at bay with a black plastik spaghetti spoon, he didnt like that thing. But he would try to circle around to get me!

I placed a cherub angel in my tank along with 2 clowns and a royal gramma. The female clown went nuts on the angel and nipped off 95% of his back fin. I rearranged my aquascaping and now everything is fine. If you add another fish you should add the fish a night. Just acclimate the fish and leave it in the bag until lights out.

I dont hate clowns. Just seems counter productive to have a $15 fish kill a $50 one.

Lol. I hear ya Ted. It def. is aggrivating whenever they kill other fish or corals. Maybe I should be a clown fish trainer. I'd have everyone calling me.

we actually have 3 clowns in our 210 gal tank 1 is a maroon clow and the other 2 are a mated pair of orange skunks and they do great everyone said that we couldnt put 3 in together but it has worked for #1 and i but we also have 6 btas so they seem to not have a problem but when i or #1 cleans the tank they do go after our hands especially if we get near the btas thats when the net comes out to keep them at bay while we finish working on the tank

Like Ted said,clowns ARE damsels.And once they've tasted blood,its all over.
Like a possum in the hen house.

Back