Aggressive **** fish!!

CDaubs

Reefing newb
So next weekend is my birthday and my wife and son got me a Yellow Watchman Goby today. He is very nice, almost 3" long, beautiful yellow with little blue spots. The most passive fish I have had in a long time.

So as soon as I introduce him to the tank my Powder Brown Tang starts chasing him all around the tank. The PBT really doesn't look like he is trying to nip or slash him, but he is being a real PITA!!

Any idea why he is being so aggressive? Are they just that way? Will he leave him alone eventually?

Thanks!

Charlie

One thing you can do to curb the aggression it to stick a mirror to the side of the tank (so he goes after his reflection), leave the lights out for a day or so and rearrange the tank.

He is probably going after him because he sees the tank as his and the goby is an invader. I dont know if he will stop going after him eventually so i would try some of the trick to try get him to back off.

Ya, I've already shut off all of the lights. Thanks for the mirror idea though. I'll give that a try as well.

Yup, they are just that way. I had a PBT when I first started my tank, anything that went in the tank he would pick on. After a while he calmed down but, once in a while he'd spend the day chasing after everyone just to remind them who was in charge.

:^: Whew, we are now at DEF-CON 5! My moon lights have come on and guess what? Treaties have been reached and all is fine.

Guess it was just a case of "Who the hell are you and why are you in MY tank?"

:^: Whew, we are now at DEF-CON 5! My moon lights have come on and guess what? Treaties have been reached and all is fine.

Guess it was just a case of "Who the hell are you and why are you in MY tank?"
For now...Never take peace for granted :wink:

Back