Agressive 150 Saltwater Tank Need Help

jneigh1

Reefing newb
i have a 150 gallon tank with a juvinile emperor angelfish and a picasso triggerfish. i want to put a lionfish either a volitan or a zebra and or a pufferfish. i dont want the fish to be crowded so please let me know if that would be too much, thanks.

thanks, also i wanted to get some smaller fish, i know that the fish i have would eat smaller fish but i wanted to know what my options are like wrasses, etc. also what types of fish do you have?

found out my juvinile emperor angelfish had ick today so i went and got ick treatment and did a 25% water change. i checked in on him an hour later and only one white speck remains. i also noticed he has these brown splotches. but thier not really splotches they look like they are normal because he is eating happly and comes right up to me when i am around. is this the first signs of another disease? he had it since i bought him from the pet store but i didnt realize it until i put him in quarantine. please let me know if it means he isnt eating right, etc. thanks for your help

what store did you buy it from? was it a big box store? and you can get any fish as long as it is not small enough to fit into the mouth of any other fish. another thing is that emperor angels are not beginner fish because they are quite finicky fish

so i have read. when i was considering buying the emperor i looked it up online. i glanced at the headlines on google to see if it was hardy or not and i saw blurbs that is was, so i bought him. i checked again when i was looking up pictures and how long it would take the emperor to change colors and found out that it was hardy under moderate level care. i am still new, but i have kept two clowns and a shrimp for a year now and my 150 gallon has completed the nitrogen cycling process. i am pretty sure he will be okay though, he eats well and gets along with the other fish, i am just afraid of what he has on him, i have found that it wasnt brown spotches. i looked closer in the better main tank aquarium light, and found that they are white not brown. i bought him from house of tropicals, i know that thier tanks arent very big and the fish seem half dead, but i havnt lost one fish i bought there. i bought an angel from exotic aquatics which is suppose to be a better retailer and the fish died a week later.

i used lifeguard all in one marine remedy. you have to use it for five consecutive days and really seams to work since i just started it today and the ick cleared up in less than an hour. i am still going to use it for full duration though to make sure all of it is gone.

active ingredient is 1 chloro 2,2,5,5 tetramethyl -4imidazolidinone, i love how it gives the IUPAC name so i could draw the compound. doesnt say what else it contains just 4 methyls, chlorine, and imidazolidinone

by that statement i would have to assume copper is used, which means that the live rock and sand can only be used in FOWLR tanks, but since you have a predator tank then i dont think that that is a concern at the moment

That medication is believed to be "reef safe-ish", meaning it won't necessarily be fatal to your inverts, but like any medication, needs to be used carefully. Your angel is considered a challenging fish to keep, but it sounds like you are doing okay with it so far. I hope he makes a full recovery. Please keep us updated!

deffinitly will, i checked in on him a moment ago and he was up and grazing on live rock. i dont turn on the lights until 8 so i am suprised he is up since all the other fish are sleeping. he seems to be up day and night

Back