Ahhh! Crap

Marke86

Coral Junkie
Well i finally got everthing set up, but now my tank decides to start leaking I got my tank used and I know what did me in. I used the algae magnet in the corners and this tore off some silicone. The good news is ive traced my problem to the top of the tank were the glass meets the rim in a corner.

Is there any way I can fix this other than spending money on a new tank?

If it's at the top of the tank, drain the water below the leak and try re-siliconing it. Let it cure for at least 24 hours before increasing the water level.

It'd probably be safer for your floors,to just bite the bullet and resilicone the whole tank.The last thing you want is for it to spring another leak 6 months after you've started stocking it.

as much as I hate to say it, it may be worth siliconing more than just what you found to leak. nothing is more scary in this hobby than having a tank leak out overnight. Just ask Reeffreak.

-Doc

Yah I bit the bullet I upgraded to a thirty gallon tank but it went well I spent the last three hours moving from one tank to the other my salinty is at 1.20 its on the lower end of the scale is this ok?

1.20 is fine for fish,just dont add any inverts with it that low.
If you dont have any fish yet,you can go ahead and bring it up.

as much as I hate to say it, it may be worth siliconing more than just what you found to leak. nothing is more scary in this hobby than having a tank leak out overnight. Just ask Reeffreak.

-Doc

Why do you have to bring back that nightmare.Yes,re-silicone at least that whole side.

Why do you have to bring back that nightmare.Yes,re-silicone at least that whole side.

Because others can learn from our nightmares. Plus, I like to keep you seeming human since we both know your tank pretty much kicks all of our asses

-Doc

Back