AI Nano Sol

charlieB

Reefing newb
I have been shopping for an LED fixture for my BC29 and have pretty much decided on the AI Nano Sol, but I can't decide whether I want the wireless controller or the base controller. I have read alot of mixed reviews about both and for me both have their pros and cons, finding out the wireless controller wasn't truly wireless made it less appealing to me, but it does have more timers and more modes. Wanted to hear your guys' thoughts! Thanks in advance

The new controller they came out with for the Vega is capable of running the Nano. The one complaint I had about my Sol Blues was the crappy controller they used to ship with. I am very happy with the newer controller, its easy to use, and has a coral acclimation mode that super simple to use. Its not wireless, but its small enough that you can mount it with some velcro and its out of sight out of mind

Only complaint I have heard about the new controller is how it seems to be super sensitive to body heat. Sometimes it will choose a function if your finger is hovering over the keypad. Easy fix , don't hover so close.

I say go for the new controller.

Back