Aiptasia or some other type of tube worm??

Kellie00

Reefing newb
Hi All,

I have a very small tube type of worm on a piece of my live rock (tank over 1 month old). Any thoughts if this is in fact aiptasia or something else? I did purchase some aiptasia-x incase I have any issues. If it is aiptasia, this guy seems too small for the treatment/syringe.

Thanks for your comments!
:Cheers:

Attachments

• Tube Worm Thing.jpg
    Tube Worm Thing.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,351
Looks more like a ball anemone/strawberry anemone from this angle (if you're talking about the clear round thing to the right)

Actually, I now see the tentacles. Looks like aiptasia.

Yes, the clear thingy to the right. It has purple tentacles. I was hoping it was something else since I have not seen any photos of baby aiptasia with purple tentacles. I guess I will have to wait until it's big enough for the treatment. ARRRGGG!!

:death:

It's purple?

Google Ball anemone or Strawberry anemone. If that's what it is, they're harmless. They spread fast, though.

The tube inside the rock is white, but it's tentacles are clear and purplish. It retracts slightly when I tap on the glass or sometimes when I put a flashlight on it. Cooky little thing.

Just zap it. Looks like Aip or a mojano to me. I'd get it before it gets you.

Also: They are never too small for treatment, just squirt a little out let him try and eat it and blast the sucker.

Back