Aiptasia plug

Live Rock

Reefer
Hi everyone, I just trated my aiptasia with Aiptasia X. I don't think I fully injected it, but now it has receded into its crevice. I'm thinking about trapping it with some kind of plug. What should I use?

Also, will bits and pieces of the Aiptasia X harm my corals?

i think all super glue brands are safe, ive used at least 5 or 6 brands myself. The gel stuff works better underwater

really, i did not know that lol man thats great news loctite was getting a little expencive especially cause i use ALOT on some of my corals to get them to glue lol

whats your take on gorrila glue would that be safe? i read on one that had cyanoacrylate and was gonna get it cause it was atleast 5 times larger and more glue than the loctite im used to , but was to worried it may harm something

ive read mixed review about it on various forums

i would say gorilla glue is not reef safe

sry live rock dont mean to hijack

@LF what would the difference be with gorilla glue compared to other brands? i always thought as long as it had cyanoacrylate it made it reef safe, im ont trying to be a PITA just curious :mrgreen:

i was actually gonna make a thread asking if anyone had used it in their tanks but i forgot :D

Oh and by the way you can glue it down there, but remember how pesky these guys are, they will find a way! :D

How long do you have to leave the glue on the live rock to smother aiptasia? Do you have to leave it on there permanently?

Back