aiptasia-x

parrotchute

DUSTOFF MEDEVAC
Just used some aiptasia-x against some aiptasia that had been starting to pop up in my tank, with great success! It was actually fun to use, watching the pests shrivel up and retreat into their hole.
Very easy to use as well, I thought it would be a trickier process.

5/5!

I actually wish I had more aiptasia because I want to do it again! I was evil and took out a perfectly good neon green paly just to watch it implode!!!!

When I was having a really big problem I bought 3 refill bottles of this stuff. I wanted to have plenty on hand. I have used one full bottle up in about 4 months. I had so many Aiptasia that I would use one full little bottle at one time killing every one of them. Two weeks later I had to do the same thing again.

I haven't had aiptasia in years. I only had some recently because of all the new corals I bought. Several of the frags I bought from a fellow local reefer had aiptasia on them. No sweat, I zapped those suckers right off. And that's also the reason I bought those peppermint shrimp yesterday -- just in case some of them decided to come back.

But I have had an ongoing battle with majano for years. Some of them even survived the rock boil. I see majano here or there in my tank, but I always get to them with the Aiptasia X within a day or two of me spotting them. I learned my lesson and will not let them get out of control again. In my 240, one majano turned into thousands over time and ended up killing all of my corals.

They are easy to take care of and very manageable in small numbers. You would have to search my tank very closely to see any majano, but that's because I've been so dedicated to killing them as soon as I spot them!

It is really bad when you let aiptasia or majano get out of control. That sucks. But at small numbers, they are very easy to take care of. I no longer fear the pest anemones. With my handy purple milk by my side, those guys don't stand a chance!

Yeah a the little bottle lasted about 9months but I got some LR for really cheep...but its covered in aptasia working on getting it all cleaned up. I am thinking about a new tank who cares if I don't have a job in a few months... I need something to do?

I think its crap! I have been using it for about 6 months in my 35 hex, and the aiptasia's that i kill off with it come back in about 2-3 weeks as white, almost transparent, and then turn back to brown after a few more days...

Wow, I'm surprised by that...
However, it makes sense that different things work better against different subspecies of aiptasia.

I just used aptasia x and it killed everyone I got with it. I still have some that I cant really get to but not near as much as I had. I have some pep shrimp ordered so I hope they get the left overs. If not then I'll move the rock and get those I couldn't reach. I ordered it on ebay and it was like $14-$15 with shipping, and came with 1 straight and 1 curved syrenge peices to get at different areas.

Haha! I just got some more rock yesterday that looked like it had some. I'm going to get them too! It is cool to watch them shrivel up.

I must agree. The stuff is very fun to use. The hardest part is making sure you get every one you can, if not they just end up multiplying again. But as long as you stay on top of shooting every one you notice then the population eventually disappears.

I must agree. The stuff is very fun to use. The hardest part is making sure you get every one you can, if not they just end up multiplying again. But as long as you stay on top of shooting every one you notice then the population eventually disappears.

This thread is a year old mate, just saying....

Back