Aiptasia?

I bought some Chaeto from ebay and it came with a tiny piece of LR so I just throw it in there as well. I guess the Aiptasia is from that tiny piece of LR then...

If you can take that rock out and boil it, you might be ok, but by this point there could be spores in your chaeto and your display too. I have a ton of aips in my fuge. I Aiptasia X them when they get big and I just keep peppermints in my DT and it really hasn't become a big problem. The fuge is out of sight and out of mind!

Crab! Found a pretty good size (relatively speaking) Aiptasia in my 30g tank!!! My 30g tank currently is just for increasing the water volume and could be used as a QT or bleeding tank later. It is bare bottom and has just a few LRs in it. Do you think a peppermint would survive in such bare tank?

I got 4 of them, but I think they don't have enough things to eat now. Just saw one of them attacking one of my Nassarius Snails. I thought the snail was dead but after a few seconds while the shrimp kinda slowed down a bit, the snail flipped back over and tried to run away. The shrimp followed and flip the snail over again. They did that few more times and the shrimp finally backed away and the snail ran free.

Back