Aiptasia

Leslee

Reef enthusiast
Not sure if this goes here but I have a question.

I have what I can see as 3 aiptaisia in my tank. One is VERY big and the 2 are still little. I read somewhere online that you can squirt lemon juice into them and it is safe for the rest of the tank and it will kill them.

Do you think this will work? What if I only have Lime juice? (from making margaritas and key lime pie martinis!)

I got some pepermint that took care of like 6 of them in my tank. You may still neet the X or joes for the big one pepermint will not eat big one is what I heard. Mind never got bigger that a quarter.

Peppermint shrimp worked well against the Aiptasia in my tank, it is a 50/50 chance though. Not all peppermint shrimp will eat nuisance anems

I tried the lime juice and the big one is all sucked in but we will see what happens! I am going to call my LFS and see if they have any peppermint shrimp, I just wanted to try what I had here!

While I was going after the three, I found 2 more! Those lil buggers!

I am going to have to order them online I think! That makes me a little nervous because we have a package room at the apartment and I am not sure they will tell me right away when I have a package to be picked up!

Just track your package online. UPS and FEDEX will both tell you online when your package has been delivered, and you'll know when to go to the office to pick it up.

We bought some beautiful LR with tons of mushrooms and zoas and nice purple coralline on it it a while back but it was also covered with aiptasia. Two peppermints cleaned it up in no time flat. Every now and then I see another tiny one but it's gone within a couple days. They were all relatively small though. The biggest probably being slightly larger than a quarter.

The Aiptasia-X will kill em.Plus it'll keep them from releasing thousands of tiny spores that turn into more aiptasias.

SO my LFS is over 30 min away, don't really trust anything closer. Any clues if I can buy the Aiptasia-X at Petco? I know its not a great place to get things but its close.

If PetCo sales it,then go ahead and get it.
But there really aint no need to get in to big a hurry.Those aiptasia arent going anywhere.:D
I've not seen aiptasia X at petco,but its also been over a year since I been in there.

If PetCo sales it,then go ahead and get it.
But there really aint no need to get in to big a hurry.Those aiptasia arent going anywhere.:D
I've not seen aiptasia X at petco,but its also been over a year since I been in there.

Thanks! I just wanted to be able to take the dog with me if I went anywhere tonight.

I've not seen it at Petco or Petsmart either. I've also not had luck with any of the 'homemade' cures -- lemon juice, salt paste, kalk paste, vinegar, boiling water, etc. The only thing that has ever worked 100% for me is Aiptasia X, followed up with peppermints for preventative measure!

I've seen Aiptasia X at my local Petco... Once. No idea why they had that one box one time (maybe someone returned it from online?) but it WAS there.

Back