Aiptasia

Frewl

Reefing newb
I found one on my live rock. I let it grow a bit cause I really couldn't get to it before. I was wondering I got some spare super glue should I just make the aiptasia retract into that rock and cover up the hole? would that work or is that going to start problems later on?

I dont think would cause any trouble.Folks kill aiptasia with all kinds of stuff. Plus use super glue for frags. I say giver a shot.

I did some reading and they said it was best not to trap dead tissue to rot and grow bacteria in the rock that it could cause an outbreak or something. I should have googled it first.

I used that method to get rid of a mantis.But it was a second to last resort,after I tryed making harpoons out of fish hooks,traps,the whole 9 yards.
The last resort was going to be dynimite.

Use some joes juice on it, or get a syringe and use a high concentration of salt water and inject the bugger.

I used boiling water in a syringe,the one with a needle on the end.It worked on some but not others.Joe's Juice will be my last resort if I can't get them other ways.

Borrow some kalkwasser powder if you dont have any, mix up a strong solution, use a syringe and needle, put a shot of the freshly mixed kalc into the stem of the aptasia and that should do it. fill er up slowly until you get as much as you can inside and then just let it go. dont over do it and damage any adjoing corals by being too sloppy, but a little into the system will not hurt.

Back