Air bubbles stuck to things

Hiker4twenty

Reef enthusiast
The past few days I have been seeing little air bubble stuck on lots of the corals, magfloat and some LR. It's not coming from the return pump because there are none floating around the tank. They're just stuck on everything. Any idea what would cause this? It's also not bubbles stuck in algae like cyano or dino's.

That's how hair algae always starts in my tank, I'll start seeing bubbles all over everything. Then 1-2 weeks later everything in my tank is covered in it.

That's how hair algae always starts in my tank, I'll start seeing bubbles all over everything. Then 1-2 weeks later everything in my tank is covered in it.

Hopefully that's not the case. I'm making fresh ro/di at the moment. I'm going to do a a large water change tonight. I'm thinking around 15-20gal. Hopefully that will remove whatever's in the water that may be messed up. This might be because I added new fish and began to feed more than usual to get them eating better. :frustrat:

Well, I'm going to kick the algae a$$ if that's what it is. I plan on going to home depot to get plumbing and lighting for an algae scrubber. It's something I've been putting off doing for a few months now. It's about time I got to it.

in the mean time, not sure if you'd consider this. But, when I had my hair algae outbreak, I started running just 4 actinics all day instead of the 4 T5 and MHs. And I dropped in one Red Mithrax crab. In less then 2 weeks all the algae was gone. And it didn't affect my corals at all because I still got some crazy growth on all of them including my SPS with only the actinics on.

Back