Air stone Yes or No?

and stuff ... like what? Live rock does the filtering in our tanks which is why we put more of it in our sumps. You really should stay away from bio balls because they collect detrius and crap that will cause nitrate issues just like your current filter. If you do use them they'll have to be cleaned very often.

:question:that is not what is goin on in my tank. I have a 40 gallon in my room with a 20 gallon wet/dry trickel filter sump. i have 45 lbs of LR in my main, aprox 20lbs in my wet dry trickel filter with 3 gallons of bioballs and than gos to my refuge tan back up. i did have a filter pad on top of it when i was using flake food so it would not get on the bio balls.

my Nitrate lvls are at 0ppm right now. the highest i have had my nitrate lvls was 30ppm.

i havent done a water change in over 4 mouths and all i have had to do is add water.

:twocents:

:question:that is not what is goin on in my tank. I have a 40 gallon in my room with a 20 gallon wet/dry trickel filter sump. i have 45 lbs of LR in my main, aprox 20lbs in my wet dry trickel filter with 3 gallons of bioballs and than gos to my refuge tan back up. i did have a filter pad on top of it when i was using flake food so it would not get on the bio balls.

my Nitrate lvls are at 0ppm right now. the highest i have had my nitrate lvls was 30ppm.

i havent done a water change in over 4 mouths and all i have had to do is add water.

Niceee!!! yea id like to get whatever you used to build mine either ill do liverock or whatever i been reading about it and live rock does sound great i dunno yet..but let me know about the plans and all for the tank

i was looking in my comp for the "HOW TO" that i wrote that explaned how to DIY a lot of stuff for a SW tank and i cant find it.

I have 3 Gallons of Bioballs and aprx 20 lbs mixed with it. but i also have some base rock under that 2. I have a deep sandbed with Chato, peny Micro alea, Gracilaria, halimeda, and Red Gracilaria. that is all in my refuge. I also have a deep sandbed in my main 2. i have 2 sand sifting stars and snails all over the place.

here is the website i got all of them from.

ReefCleaners.org | Clean Up Crews and Macro Algae - Plants/Macroalgae

It's not an overnight thing, it will happen eventually if you're not constantly cleaning the bioballs out. Also, there's a reason that people have moved away from trickle systems they're an older method and newer more effective ways have come out. And finally, having a deep sand bed especially in your main tank is a HUGE mistake. After that gets established if something disturbs it, it's going to release all kinds of toxins into and without having a way of cutting it off (like running a DSB in a separate tank that can be disconnected from the rest of the system) you're just asking for trouble.

Yea... what i need is the plans to make the tank like how many glass size ect. Still looking into like how tos and everyone asks but other people dont give like step by step and supplies needed

to make a 10 gallon tank it is 20" long 10" deep and 12" high.
if you make the tank.
if you mean the baffles in the tank than the 2 top baffles should be 7 1/4 in tall and 10 in deep
the bottom baffle should be 5 1/2 in and the one clsest to the return should be 5 1/4 or 5 in tall

Well, you need to know how you want to set your sump setup before you can start figuring out materials you'll need.

i think for now ill do liverock for now
ill stick my heater in there and once i get my skimmer ill stick that in there also..what i need is pump for going into the tank or whatever i need to get the water to the sump then whatever out of the sump

well the best thing i think you can ever do is do what ever you want to the tank. it is your new baby. lol. just remember to have fun with it. justn remember to have a lot of flow.

Where can i find plans for it? like all i need so what i want to do is the liverock for filtering. so what i need is the dimensions i guesss like how far space apart and how high. Do u need 4 glass or somthing or how much like what do i need. What else do i need to get from tank to sump then back

ok the dementions of a 10 gallon tank is (20 in long, 10in deep. 12 in high)
I alwas seperat it in 3rds.
or you can do what i do.
first figure out how far the water needs to travel to get back in the tank.

Back