Algae and cyano GONE

Doc

I don't work for anybody
Yote, I have to give you props. I took your advice and shut off my lights to my 90 upstairs when I went on vacation. I had diatoms everywhere, lots of green algae on the tank walls and a smattering of cyano on some zoanthids. I shut off the lights, even the moon lights, for 5 days. I turned them on today and BAM!!! Super clean tank. After I cleaned up the shark guts, it looked pretty good. Yote, you are the man. Give it a shot if you are stressing about algae. It worked for me and my corals didn't seem to care. They jumped right out as soon as the lighted turned on.

-Doc

Happy it worked for ya Doc.
Heres a little something else to think about.

How healthy is it for our tanks to be blasted with full light every day?I mean out in nature there are cloudy,rainy days.Even days where its storming to beat the band.
HMMM,
Might have to figure out how to imitate a storm in there.

I have tried it several times with good results. except the last time. I allmost lost my xenia. I was about to rip it out of the tank because I thought it was a goner. but after a week it bounced back.

when I to water changes, I turn off the lights. I like that idea of making things more "natural". Maybe I should swim naked with them as well...something to think about.

-Doc

Doc,
I love ya bud,But you skinny dippin in your tank IS NOT a picture I need in my head today.:shock:

don't swim naked in the tank with large angels, doc! you never know when they will decide to go for a snack! and personally, I don't want to hear the "I got my weenie bit off by a angel fish" story

I hope not. I doubled the amount of phosguard I was running and changed the carbon in one of the filters. I will know when I get home from work. I just got the internet in my office so I can waste all kinds of time posting here. It is not as cool as one of those "Boo-Berry" things so many people wander around with, but it works for me

-Doc

Back