algae eaters

bullitt21

Reefing newb
what is a good algae eater(snails,crabs,?)my tanks has been running for a month and i am getting brown and green algae every ware:frustrat:.

i dont know if its too early to introduce, but possibly an urchin. also very frequent water changes and keeping up on the quality will help quite a bit. we had a blenny who loved to eat off the walls of the tank too...so all very helpful. but you said only a month so it might be too soon to introduce those into your tank. if so stick to snails and crabs and lots of water changes.

I am slowly weeding out my crabs in the tank after much cannibalism of my snails.
I keep Nassarius, Astrea, CERITH (these are great) and 1 turbo.
A good combination of these is good to have.

In my 30g I have about 20 snails of various sorts....you should have quite a bit in a 125.

A mix of snails is most helpful. Different types of snails will eat different things, and will live in different places of your tank. Astraea, turbos, nassarius, cerith, nerite, trochus and conchs provide a nice variety.

algae blooms are as far as i remember part of the cycling process and should subside, however astrea snails are great and lawnmower blennys do well but im pretty sure you can only have one per tank (lawnmower blenny).

Back