algae problem help needed

First, apply is apply and not apely. Second, the reason Sarah is so nice is because of her not being a redhead. SarahSmile has a soul! This was brought to you by the Professional Organization of English Majors.
I always enjoy a good typo correction/scolding as I am somewhat of a stickler me-self. (that is so totally a word, bugger off P.O.E.M.)
Tho-I must say, I like the word "apely". I am picturing someone hopping around, scratching their armpits and beating on their chest and behaving, well, apely. What do you think? New word? Let's add it to our repertoire!

My power just went out for 2hrs because of lightning, and I started acting very apely waiting for it to come back on. :^:

My power just went out for 2hrs because of lightning, and I started acting very apely waiting for it to come back on. :^:

I have to subscribe so that I can keep laughing.
Also, I would like to say that it isn't "rude" to want people to care for their living creatures correctly. They didn't ask to be in our tanks. We only give advice because we've been there or know someone who has been there and already learned the lesson. It takes a big person to be able to learn from others mistakes instead of saying "this doesn't apely to me" and then going down the same road to failure that could have been avoided.

People are pretty rude on here.

I don't see anything rude in nice Sarah's post, nor in mean Sarah's post. They are merely making a strong point that advising this particular individual to get more fish to get rid of algae is a bad idea because it will make his algae problem worse.

Josh -- if none of the advice given here does not apply to you, then you can explain WHY it does not apply to you. How would you know that none of the advice applies to you if you yourself don't even know what's causing it? You're here for a reason....to get advice. You've been given the most straightforward advice around.

Now explain why none of it apples to you and how you know it doesn't apply to you? And if you know that much, then bravo! You should be able to fix your own algae problems all on your own.

HAHA! Perfect useage! I felt like we were in a spelling bee and I just stalled for time and asked, "um, can you to use the word in a sentence?"

I think she might have been referring to MCR's post that mean Sarah has no soul. But everyone knows that not only she is ginger, but she also has 6000 cats in her house to absorb any soul fragments that might inadvertently float in her general vicinity. :mrgreen:

It's called a joke. In case you haven't noticed, we do that a lot here to try to keep things lighthearted when things start to look too tense. In fact, I don't really see anyone on this thread being rude. Just firm and informative, a bit of sarcasm from frustration, but I see no rudeness here...and believe me..I've seen rude on this forum before, and those threads usually end up closed. LOL

I'm not as nice as everyone else. So to the op take the advice of people way more experienced than you and quit making damn excuses. I've posted numerous questions on here and have had great answers from people who been through the same sheet. And when you get several replies saying the same thing, it works when you follow their advice. I've read alot and tried things cause I read somewhere that it was fine. But it seems to all boil down to people who have been there and done that. And it seems that most of the people here giving advice are doing it because they love the hobby and are trying to help one another. So straighten up

Back