Algae problem

I been having algae bloom for like forever I change the water every 2 week and snails are working hard but they aren't helping no more I have purple green and red algae can someone give me some idea I need help

1) How old are you light bulbs? How long are they on?
2) What kind of water are you using for both water change, and top off?
3) What are you reading for phosphates?

Post your water perams, and answers to the questions above. I am betting there is a simple solution.

1. 1 year? Time : 5pm to 10pm
2. I just replace the water with RO water not sink and when I keep my top off one clownfish jump out and died :(
3. I never got that kind of test

Btw I'm low on cash ._.

Well to start, I'd say your bulbs are old. T5 bulbs should be replaced about every 9 months. What brand are they, and what colors, and are these the original bulbs that came in your fixture?
What is your flow as well? How many power heads, and what return pump are you using?

Don't know the brand color is white and I thought my bulbs were T8 and yes they are original bulb that came with the fixture
Flows are good for current but not in the water I only have 1 power head and by return pump what do you mean? I don't have a refugium

You are going to want to replace your bulbs! Your return pump is the pump that pushes water back into your tank, be it from your sump, your HOB filter...............
I would also look into getting at least another power head to place in that tank to increase the water circulation in the tank.

get your phosphates tested at the fish store or buy a kit. every time you put food in your tank it adds phosphates (whether it gets eaten or not). slow down on the feeding. if your phosphates are real high then you could consider getting a reactor with some phosban or other ferric oxide, otherwise do more frequent water changes. I would jump start it by removing as much as possible by hand or tool and suck it out (don't pop bubble algae). Others may not agree but aside from preventing fish disease, UV and/or ozone prevents algae growth (especially red slime). I swear by it. So in short change your lights and add flow and if you still have a problem consider a reactor and/or UV.

No a reactor is basically just a chamber where you can put some sort of material that you want your water to react with. I have a reactor that hangs on the side of the tank. There is a little pump in the tank that transfers the water into the reactor chamber where it swirls around and is then forced throught some filter material and then into the sump. I rarely run it. Running a reactor often can remove trace elements just like a protein skimmer. Do you have a protein skimmer?

also, you need to be careful with what you put in the reactor, if the material is too fine or you don't have a good setup it can contaminate your tank

Well i can improve the air in the tank by making the screen thingy but i cant find it at any home depot here unless someone sent me a roll :/

Replace your bulbs! You can think about a reactor, maybe pick one up used locally. You don't need a UV, it will not help prevent algae growth.
If you want to make a screen do a search in the DIY forum here, there are many people on this site that have done these.

Back