Algae problem

IMO you really need to do multiple things not just one of the above, more flow,macro algae is always a good thing...less fish..fish that are suitable for your tank,and new bulbs if you havent changed them...its not good to cut corners in this hobbie if you do it can lead to a crashed tank

IMO you really need to do multiple things not just one of the above, more flow,macro algae is always a good thing...less fish..fish that are suitable for your tank,and new bulbs if you havent changed them...its not good to cut corners in this hobbie if you do it can lead to a crashed tank

Quick!!! What's the definition of insanity??

I did not change the bulb i brought a new light fixture does that count....?

Well when the algae started i changed the fixture then it was still the same and growing :(

I might buy a another powerhead then wait for biff chaeto

how many fish do you have now? more rock will help too! if you have to many fish or if there to large for the tank its going to be dang near impossible to fix the algae problem

how many fish do you have now? more rock will help too! if you have to many fish or if there to large for the tank its going to be dang near impossible to fix the algae problem

Welll hmmmmmm alot of fish o.e maybe over stocked lol i KNOWWWW ur gonna say "You need to get rid of the fish becuase it gonna make alot of waste for the algae to grow..." welll i know....

So Far ...

Need more rock
Need more flow
Get Rid Of Fish

We have told him over and over and over again what he needs to do to make his tank flourish, and he isnt going to do it for a variety of reasons.

Good Gravy I could follow this thread religiously. Its not worth asking the question or seeking advice if you wont follow it.

........ All most of the people sayed was change the bulb.......... So I DID!! ..... Any thing esle? The bulb thing didnt even work out there still growing....

the algae can be caused by multiple reasons,we have explained you need to do everything we told you not just some of it.this hobbie isn't a do what you want to do kind of thing there's reasons for it otherwise your tank will stay algae ridden

Kk i might get a few stuff for chrismas :3

Few Rocks (30-40lbs)
Maybe a phoshate reactor
Another power head

Then maybe in feb i can check back if that doesnt work i can change the stock light.... i have a set right here

Back