Algae Turf Scrubber

PringlesLFE

Mmm...Salty.
I noticed there haven't been any recent posts on this topic and since it's such a highly debatable topic...figured i'd start my own.

I've done a good amount of research on them and was hoping someone could give me a bit of advice.

- Would the "waterfall" ATS method actually work (Where the ATS is above the display tank)
- Member experiences with them?

This seems like some really really interesting stuff and it's almost sad how limited information is on the web

There have been quite a few posts lately about scrubbers. I started a build a few weeks ago (it's hit a stalling point recently), I also had a short build thread in my Tank Showcase. I know there are several others who have builds and are starting them soon.

I just finished mine,with lots of help from PRC...its in the DIY section(with vids)...i also didn't have an overflow ,so i rigged one up:wink:

I think a fuge with cheato and strong light is just as good. I have a 1 G fuge for my 29, no skimmer and my 'trates are at zero.

I spent all night drawing up plans and I'm gonna try and grab some supplies tonight if I have time. I'm gonna attempt to build a ATS in a box that I will connect to my Emperor 400 HOB fuge....best of both worlds? Hopefully...

How'd you do a 1g fuge??

Took a razor and scraped the black paint off the back of chamber 2 only. Mounted 2 strong lights just outside chamber 2. (Took out all the bioballs of course). Filled the chamber 2 with cheato. I left the lower and upper grates in place on chamber 2. Also cut out the little tab that restricts flow from chamber 1 to 2.

Back